Visits

Friday, May 11, 2018

Cows

I love cows. I don't know why. I feel like they are part of my family. I feel like we have something in common. The cows in the photos below are perhaps not the most fortunate cows, for they are eating garbage. And the garbage is on fire. (Talk about spicy food, right?). 

Unfortunately, the garbage collection system in Bali leaves much to be desired, and many people are in the habit of throwing their garbage to the side of the road rather than paying for it to be hauled away. This is the ugly side of Bali and can be seen everywhere outside the tourist areas. 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, folks will sometimes bring baskets of vegetation and grasses for these cows, but they eat those up pretty fast, and then start back on the garbage. 



No comments: