Visits

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Morning Walk

Given that I wake up every morning somewhere between 5 and 6 o'clock and get out of bed when the first light pours in the window, I've decided that this is a good time to take a walk rather than sit and drink coffee and smoke cigarettes and pour over the generally irritating news on Facebook.

It does take some self-pressing and mental shoving to actually get dressed and go out the door, because morning and evening tend to be my most painful periods of the day, but I've found that once you do get out, the rest is easy. I've streamlined the process of getting dressed by hanging out a pair of shorts and a tank top on the clothing rack, and then tennis shoes without socks. That's all there is to it. All I need to take along is my house key. 

The most convenient route is all the way down Jalan Tukad Yeh Sungi until it ends, then down one block and all the way back up the next street until you can cut back to Yeh Sungi. I don't know how far this is, but it's a pretty good walk for an old guy like me. The route is like a big rectangle, and in the middle of greater part of the rectangle is a pasture with cows and a goat here and there and most of the neighborhood dogs. Few people are out this early. Either that, or they have already gone to work.

Top it off with a cold shower when you get home, and you're ready to start the day! 

No comments: