Visits

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Dead Arms and Distant Daughters

Jeeze, another of these nights where my arms kept going dead, particularly my left arm, which seems strange, because the pain is on the right side. Go figure. But on the left, it's like the arm hurts and is dead at the same time, if you can imagine that. Sometimes it will come back to life if you move it around or twist it in various ways, but last night it would only come back to life if I got out of bed. This happened maybe three times. I don't know. I'm in a daze at the time because I'm sleepy and don't want to get up, but the feeling/no feeling in arm is both irritating and alarming. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty tired this morning. 

Off and on last night, between dead arm incidents, I dreamed of my stepdaughter, Jamila. I don't know why, but I often dream of Jamila. The dreams are always very happy and I am so glad to be with her. No one else appears in the dreams. No one that I know, anyway. Not my stepson or my other stepdaughter, or even their mother, but just Jamila.  Odd. I think that she must represent a very happy time in my life, a sort of love that was new to me then, for I had no daughter of my own, and that stays with me now

Ah well. Between dead arms and distant daughters, it was a rather exhausting sleep last night. 

No comments: