Visits

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

It's Just Another Day

Woke up at 5 this morning with a raging fever (not a surprise) and a stinging sore throat (as usual) and straightaway decided, unusually so, to go dunk the whole mess in the swimming pool. Good idea? I don't know. But it sounded capital at the time. I've really not yet had a chance to enjoy having a pool in my time here, and decided that I may as well suffer in luxury for a change. Emerging from the pool, I returned to my room to hold myself by the scruff of the neck under a hot water shower (another luxury I have not enjoyed in some eight years). If you've got to suffer, suffer in style, that's what I say. 

Now it's off to immigration in a couple hours to attend the renewal of my yearly permission to stay here in Bali--an odious task in the best of health, sure to be more odious yet in my present state of health. 

When that's all done, it is my understanding that Louis will be returning to Bali later in the day, at which time, I am hoping, she can assist me in purchasing a new phone. I know nothing about phones (other than how to lose them in mysterious ways), so I would prefer to leave this to the phone expert. In fact, I've not bought a phone in years. I always used whatever hand-me-down Louis gave me after buying herself the latest model. 

After that, I may make another pointless trip to the hospital. What else is there to do, except maybe go back in the pool? 

There are actually many administrative things I need to do, but most of these cannot be done. The numbers are in the phone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a strep test.

R.W. Boughton said...

Anon--IT's a mystery. Got a blood panel, which should have shown strep or dengue fever. Neither of those showed up. A chest xray has not been suggested, but perhaps I'd better suggest it myself. Still with fever and sore throat today after an antibiotic and an antiviral. Gaaaaahhhhh!

Anonymous said...

You need a throat culture.

R.W. Boughton said...

Anon--Whether they know in Indonesia what a throat culture is is another question.