Visits

Monday, March 18, 2019

The Fifth Act

Yesterday, I was feeling quite well, and feeling very happy about that. This morning, I woke up once again with a very high fever and a very sore throat. 

Dr. Ari happened to check in with me, and hearing this, told me I should go get a blood test. 

Off to Bros Hospital. I was dripping with sweat, three-quarters conscious, and thought "Hey, I'll take Grab Car." 

Upon arriving, the Grab Car driver phoned to say he was here. Going out to the street, however, I found that he was not here. Not a surprise. Most people can't find the place. 

So I called and began to explain where it was. 

"No, I'm am there," he said. 

"No, Pak, you're not."

I began again to explain the location and name some landmarks, at which point he hung up on me. A message came saying that he had "cancelled" the ride. 

Shit! Okay, I'll do it myself then. 

Off to Bros Hospital on the motorbike. Except that I had forgotten exactly where it is, so I took along my phone  with earbuds. 

Having arrived, I swam in my own sweat down to the check-in station and straightaway realized that my phone had not swum with me. 

Back to the bike. Phone is gone. It had been in the front pocket on the bike while I listened to directions. Someone must have seen it and taken it.  

Back to the check in. Reporting that my phone is missing, they begin a search with their security service. I am ushered fairly quickly in to see an ENT. It is her belief that I have a virus, not a bacterial infection. New Pills are prescribed and I am sent for blood work. 

Back to the check-in desk. It is reported by the security staff that while their security footage shows arriving, going into the hospital, coming back out perhaps ten minutes later to search the bike, then going back in again, it showed no one else coming near the bike during that time. 

In short, the phone is gone. 

Except that, back at home, Chris locates it on his own phone through icloud. It is shown to be somewhere roughly in the vicinity of Bros. 

But it's raining now, and it's getting dark, and I'm still sweating, and my damn throat hurts, and I'm just gonna give up on the whole damn mess!  

No comments: