Visits

Monday, March 25, 2019

Tykes

In the past few days, I have been befriended by two little girls who live just down the road. Viana and Feby, both 10 years of age (kurang lebih). Of course, their consuming interest initially was in using my wifi, but gradually they have shown more interest in relating to the individual, the funny looking old man. They stop on their way to school to say hi. They pop in again in the afternoon. What these little tykes know about the use of cellphone functions in concert with wifi is astounding to me. Makes me look like a virtual idiot. Better just to watch and learn. But they're well-behaved, polite little kids. They happily stop when you ask them to stop and they cheerfully leave when you ask them to leave. They are not "allowed" to have boyfriends, they tell me. "Tidak boleh". I sit on the front step, listen to their chatter, and learn a new word or phrase every day.

No comments: