Visits

Friday, March 15, 2019

The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back

Until early this morning, I thought my main problem was the permanent Bali flu. Then all that changed. 

I had gone to bed at around 7 pm yesterday evening, figuring that I would kill the illness with an overdose of boredom. Got up at about 6 in the morning and thought I would step outside to enjoy the cool air. I was unaware that it had rained during the night, and as soon as I stepped onto the ceramic tile porch floor, my feet flew out from under me and I ended up slamming my back against the edge of the doorstep. 

I will not attempt to describe the pain. Just picture the results of an overweight old man crashing flat on his back. Good thing I didn't hit my head.  I guess. 

So now the flu has become a persistent though secondary issue. The left side of my lower back is deeply painful and I can barely walk. Forget about bending over to pick up anything. 

I complained about my woes on Facebook. What else was there to do? And straightaway, my old friend Vyt, God bless him, contacted me and said that he would send a doctor to my place. Is this the third or fourth time Vyt has saved me from trouble? I've lost count. 

So I'm waiting for the doc now and we will see if he can prescribe any medicines, after first determining, of course, whether I need to go to the hospital. 

This is life in paradise, folks. 

No comments: