Visits

Friday, March 15, 2019

The Cockroaches

I was just thinking that I kind of miss the cockroaches, which seem to be absent at this new place. Weird, right? I was sure that I hated them, but I kind of miss seeing them now. Back at the Renon house, you would often see them in the yard, occasionally in the house. Haven’t seen nary a one here. I don’t miss the rats. Haven’t seen any of them here either. We do have bats here, which seem attracted to the trees in the garden area. I don’t like bats. There is one cow in the field out front who moans all night. Perhaps he too has a sore back. One black dog shows up at ten minutes after seven in the evening. Dinnertime. And there is a nest of small birds at the top of the communal structure out back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better.