Visits

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Plague Update

The incurable throat plague, which may be curable after all, seems to be very gradually improving over the last few days. Of course, the situation has temporarily improved here and there during the last three months only to return with a vengeance, so I'm not yet ready to make any over-enthusiastic pronouncements. Suffice it to say for now that the exudate in the throat has markedly decreased, the pressure and congestion deep in my nasal cavity, or sinuses, or wherever, has backed off, such that I am actually breathing through my nose this morning (amazing what a joyous thing that can be--breathing through one's nose, I mean). The sensation of unbearable inner heat becomes more intermittent and less severe. Although I still feel tired and weak, I have on the other hand been able to take short morning walks and even to enjoy popping out for a coffee at Starbucks, which is a cut above lying in bed and falling asleep throughout the day. Having said as much, I must admit that I feel best in the morning, not so good again by the afternoon, which would seem to suggest that the plague remains active and is trying to hold on for all its worth. I'm scheduled to see the doctor again on Tuesday and shall see what she has to say at this point. 

No comments: