Visits

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Sad Saga Slogs On


It seems that the more I try to fix the problem with the fungal throat plague, the more problems the doctors find (without, of course, helping the throat plague any). Went to the neurologist yesterday, at the insistence of the ENT, and he discovered high blood pressure, “male hot flashes” (of all things), probably vitamin b deficiency, and possibly diabetes (yikes). Gave me a few pills and sent me for further blood work (and a further draining of my wallet). I have fasted all  night (appropriate for Ramadan, I suppose, but backwards, as fasting is supposed to take place during the day), and now I have just gotten the first of two blood draws. It seems that I must eat now and return for the second in two hours. So I stopped by a nearby bubur warung, scarfed down a bowl of bubur ayam, and am now enjoying a water at the also nearby Starbucks at the Level 21 Mall. I am finding sipping a glass of water for two hours quite challenging.

No comments: