Visits

Friday, July 6, 2018

Myobat


Last night I happened to try a new medicine for my neuropathic pain. This is called “Myobat”, and I tried it because the pharmacy had run out of Baclofen and because the pharmacist told me that, according to new rules, I would need a prescription for Xanax, although she said she would call a doctor for me and see if she could get it, thus saving me from an expensive trip to the hospital. I thought that very kind of her, but didn’t want to trouble her overmuch, and decided I would prefer not to pay the high cost for Xanax in any case.

“Myobat” is a mixture of English and Indonesian, literally meaning ‘my medicine’. J Well, I took it last night about a half hour before bedtime, along with one Tylenol PM, but couldn’t fall asleep to save my life. Rats! So I got up and took a second Tylenol PM, and then apparently nodded off shortly afterwards, for I remember nothing else until about 4:30 in the morning.

Myobat is a medicine for muscle spasming, and the info said that it might make you sleepy and it might not. I figured that it was the Tylenol that had put me to sleep, so, being in a fair bit of pain this morning, I decided to take another of the Myobat. Why not?

Now, here I sit at Starbucks, with my laptop before me and coffee in hand, feeling as if I’m going to conk out on the keyboard! I guess Myobat works after all. Or perhaps it only works if taken in the daytime. Or maybe I just wasn’t sleepy last night but I am sleepy now?

Oh well, I’ll just have a nap later … if the effects of the Myobat hold out.

No comments: