Visits

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Sixteen Candles

I happened to be thinking yesterday about an old movie I had very much liked at the time--Sixteen Candles, with Molly Ringwald. Now, as it happens, one of the particular blessings that come with MS (my brand, anyway) is the inability to remember the details of anything not seen in the past hour or so. This makes viewing favorite old movies or reading favorite old books practically a new experience all over again! 

So what the hell, I  looked up Sixteen Candles online and watched the flick--and I must say that I found it delightful and hilarious all over again. This, to me, is a truly endearing, mature (so to speak) 'teen movie', and provides the viewer with an opportunity to revisit the nightmare of high school days without having to suffer through actually being there. How nice it is to be able to sit back and laugh, and think "Whew, I'm glad that's over" before it even begins. 
  

No comments: