Visits

Monday, October 29, 2018

A Trip to the Hospital

Well, I finally broke down and went to the damn doctor about the non-healing wound on my ear. Sorry I did, now. Ignorance is bliss. Turns out that I likely do have skin cancer, and what's more chilling yet is that they will probably want to remove about a third of my ear. Not happy about that, because, frankly, I'm kinda attached to my ear; or at the very least, it is attached to me. They took a rather painful biopsy sample today (no anesthesia) and then plastered on a humongous bandage. Had a hell of a time getting my helmet on over that for the ride home.

So it's a kerfuffle. I have no insurance here, so anything that is done will be out of pocket. On the other hand, after the first of the year, I will have Medicare … but then, to use that, I would have to come to America and so pay the cost of coming to America (which would probably amount to far more than just having it done here). Then again, there is the general question of whether doctors here even know what the hell they're doing! The particulars of my visit to Kasih Ibu Hospital this morning are less than reassuring on that count. 

So, damn! 

I could just ignore the whole thing, I suppose. I mean, I got enough trouble already with MS, right? Who has time for ear cancer? 

No comments: