Visits

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Wake Up!

Exhaustion strikes again. Got a full night's sleep, but still falling asleep again after getting up and having a coffee and a small breakfast. Didn't even get out for my morning walk--which may be part of the problem, actually. I've read before that moderate exercise can be helpful for MS fatigue, and in fact I've found that to be so. It's sort of like winding up the clock rather than letting it continue to run down. On another level, it kind of engages your body and mind, moving things forward. Still, it takes sometimes a Herculean sort of effort to get out of the chair, away from the morning news, get dressed and get out the door. Heat, also, is not helpful. Heat itself contributes to MS fatigue, and it is certainly damn hot at this season in Bali, even by 7 o'clock in the morning.  I had regularly been waking up between 5 and 6, which made the idea of a walk more pleasant, but my body seems to have discarded that habit and I find that I am more often sleeping till 7 or 7:30. Anyway, I've finally dragged myself out to Starbucks for a morning coffee, already 11:30 now. Moreover, they have given me a Vente instead of a Grande (though I ordered a Grande), and so that's an unexpected blessing. 

No comments: