Visits

Friday, October 5, 2018

Stupid

Had lunch today with the ex at her villa in Sanur, along with an old friend of hers and a friend of the friend's, a rather attractive woman named Galuh.

"I'm Richard," I said, putting out my hand. 

"I know," Galuh said, taking my hand. "We've met. More than once." 

Hmm. Well, that's awkward. Although not unusual. Still, I should've thought that I would remember such a pretty face. 

The old, now familiar curse of facial recognition failure strikes again. 

This reminds me of another incident in the past. I was at the JCO Donuts cafĂ© when a woman came out with a dish of ice cream and sat at the table beside mine. We chatted for a time, and when she got up to leave, I said that it had been nice to meet her. 

"You've already met me," the woman said. I'm your neighbor." 

Good grief.  

I may as well just change my name to Stupid

No comments: