Visits

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Say What?

Boy I'll tell ya, every news day nowadays is a what the hell just happened news day. One kinda just sits there with his mouth hanging open as he scrolls through the phone. What happened to my country? What happened to its people? How is this possible? Or maybe my country never was what I thought it to be. Maybe I was just sheltered from what was really out there. Maybe most of us were sheltered from what was out there. Or maybe what was out there had simply rarely shown its face so openly. 

What is this about changing the Constitution with an executive order? The Constitution! Does Trump really believe that he can take a pen and scratch out a clause of the Constitution of the United States and add his own words? What happened to the Republican party, the party of conservatives, the defenders of the Constitution? 

What's going on?

Who are these people in the silly red hats reveling in their cheap circus atmosphere, cheering hate-speech, laughing at insults, roaring in approval at the suggestion that the press, the fourth estate, this time honored American tradition, is the 'enemy of the people'? 

What the hell is going on?  

6 comments:

R.W. Boughton said...

To "Anonymous"--I would hope that the expression of outrage is a testimony to what may properly be called patriotism and that it may serve, at least in some small way, as an encouragement for all to resist.

Anonymous said...

Without the wet dreams of your hatred he is left to dry fuck himself. Don’t let him get away with it. Deprive him of his oxygen and do not invest in his machinations. The media spins on this shit - he knows what he is doing to get laid and he’s good at it. Dirty sex that has that sweaty excitement of Charybdis.

R.W. Boughton said...

"Anonymous"--Don't know if I would have put it that way. Actually, I'm quite sure that I wouldn't. Nor did I mention anything about hatred. And I have no idea what a 'wet dream of hatred' might be. I object to this president. I object to the moral vacuity (or is it mere cowardice) of the Republican congress. I mourn what seems the disintegration of values in our society that used to be generally shared. Outrage is no burden to me. It is a duty.

Mb said...

The people clapping and smiling in their red hats are who they have always been! We see their faces and hearts! Not a good look.

R.W. Boughton said...

Mb--Not a good look at all. You know, the ex-patriates I am in contact with here in Bali are mostly from Australia and from European countries. One thing I found from the beginning is that they tend to have a low opinion of Americans, seeing us as under-educated, unsophisticated, arrogant and aggressive sorts. Therefore, I kind of found myself in the role of 'defender of America'. I must say that in the past few years this role has become more and more uncomfortable and difficult to sustain. I assured them, for instance, that there was no possible way Trump could become president, because Americans aren't crazy! Shows what I know.

Mb said...

There are a lot of disgusting humans on this Earth. No need to spin your wheels defending them. They are what they are!