Visits

Friday, October 19, 2018

Houdiini's Last Trick

I'm getting to the point, where my health is concerned, of having to admit that I will likely need medical treatment in the near future. and that being on the far side of the world from a hospital and doctors that can be sought for the same makes for a distinctly less than convenient situation. The good news is that I will soon be eligible for Medicare. The bad news is that it can only be used in America. So, how do I get from here to there, and how do I live there whilst benefitting from treatment there? That's the thing that I really can't unravel. Do I check in to the cheapest motel I can find near a bus line to the hospital? I don't know. I can't picture the thing at all. I guess some people think about these 'what if' scenarios when they are younger. I guess I was never very good at that. I've always figured that things would just 'fall into place' of their own accord. I've relied on some sort of grace, or luck--call it what you want. And to be honest, things always have had a way of working together, falling into place at the proper moment. Yet, I begin to suspect that I may have expended my allotment of luck in life. I may finally have dug a hole that I can't get out of. Houdini's  last trick. Moreover, what would happen to my little house in Bali were I to go to America? And what about the big fat brown dog? Where would she go for her daily sausage treats and cookies? Where would she go for her nap? Who would fill her water bowl? 

Lots of questions, no answers. Growing pain in my back and flank. Nothing is fitting together. Nothing is falling into place. 

No comments: