Visits

Monday, March 2, 2020

Another March, Another Move

I see that last year I was about to move, regretfully, once again, although this time around the location is already set, though still under construction, and is not far from my present, and rather pleasant abode. The actual move is scheduled for April, after Nyepi, and hopefully will proceed without glitches--although this is still Bali, the island of glitches, isn't it. So the key is to be hopeful, yet anticipate the unexpected.

I note as well that last year at this time I was just beginning the illness, or series of illnesses, that was to extent through the next six months. At this initial point, it was thought to be the common flu and I was just starting on a series of ineffective antibiotics. Ugh. Happily, I can say that I am feeling much better at this point, though still struggling on a daily basis with what appears to be residual, and apparently permanent stomach damage. Better though in any case than feeling like absolute crap for six months on end!

As I've said, I like the place where I am presently living, and I like the people there. The only difference is that a better deal is offered at the new location, and I hope this will be a long-term engagement, because after five moves in nine years, I'm dead tired of moving.

No comments: