Visits

Monday, March 30, 2020

Lock Down Bali Style

Seems that Bali is finally taking coronavirus seriously, even though there have been only 3 reported virus related deaths here, around 100 in all of Indonesia. Of course, the key word there may be 'reported'.

But western businesses in particular are closing down, or adjusting operating hours and conditions. Starbucks, for example, is now, and for the indefinite future, takeout only. I tried to get into the spirit of the thing this morning by ordering a delivery latte via Gojek, but it turns out that Gojek has also adjusted practices and is not serving any nearby Starbucks. Hardly any point in ordering it from faraway and having to pay that much more for delivery.

So I drove out myself to the Renon outlet (where I gathered this info in person), and brought my latte back home. This arrangement, as far as I can tell, will extend for the next month anyway on a see what happens then basis. Traffic is quite sparse, the mall quite deserted, except for the grocery store within.

All of the tourist attractions are, of course, closed till further notice. Western bars, clubs and restaurants closed. The major drawback of this short of shutdown in Bali is that the Mickey Mouse not-ready-for-prime-time internet services are pretty much worthless, unless one finds starting at the revolving circle of death entertaining.

In the meantime, for entertainment, despite the blistering and possibly as dangerous as coronavirus heat, I strolled over to the new building site, finding that the flooring is now complete and counters are being installed. The man on the site tells me that it will be one month more. I think one month at the very least. But it's okay. I'm in no hurry, and Louis, the owner, is stuck in Australia till God knows when.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After an MRI i was diagnosed of MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS. After years on medications, symptoms worsened with tremors on my right hand, numbness and tingling, muscle weakness and loss of speech. Fortunately last year, I learnt about Rich Herbal Gardens (ww w. richherbalgardens. c om) and their effective MS Formula treatment through an MS support group on facebook the Multiple Sclerosis treatment made a great difference, most of my symptoms including balance, weakness, falling alot and others gradually disappeared. I improved greatly over the 4 months treatment, its been a year since the treatment, i have no symptoms. I have a very good quality of life and a great family!