Visits

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Gummy Me

Had an enormous nail in my back tire this morning, likely inflicted somewhere between the pharmacy and my apartment. For a time, I couldn't find the problem. All I knew is that the bike was making a rather loud tok-tok-tok sound, like something was caught in the wheel. Stopped the bike, but couldn't find anything in either wheel.  So I tok-tok-toked down to the nearest bengkel, luckily not far away, and finally found the nail, that being the cause of the sound, after I pulled in there. Got it fixed for Rupiah 25.000. Not bad, I guess. About 2 dollars USD.

Getting some coffee now, and doing some more grocery shopping later. Yesterday I managed to come home from the shopping trip somehow with mostly cake and chocolate bars. Need to get some actual food. The trouble is, I still have no bottom teeth, so it's a bit difficult to find gum-able foods that will be nutritious. I can eat bananas, mashed potatoes, soups. Otherwise?

I also need to call the dentist today and set up an appointment so that we can continue with the implantation of some new teeth. The coronavirus, however, is shutting down so many businesses that I fear the dentist appointment may be problematic.

Having said the above, I just received a message from the dentist saying that the lab will be closed for indefinite period of time. For it looks like I will be gumming into the indefinite future. You know, Louis warned me that this was a bad time to have teeth pulled. Turns out she was right. As usual.
 

No comments: