Visits

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Chance Meeting

Well here's an odd sort of coincidence. Or I don't know if it counts as coincidence, really … but on my brief trip to Starbucks this morning to pick up my latte (takeout only), I ran into my old buddy Hendra, whom I have not seen in perhaps a year. One would think this more likely to happen were there a lot of people in the mall, but in fact there were not. It was only me and Hendra. We chatted for a bit, tapped elbows in the new manner of greeting, and then headed back to our separate places of isolation. Other than this single trip, I am at home the rest of the day, chatting online, watching movies, reading, staring into space, napping, eating--y'all know the drill. Just this morning I have been watching a film biography of Jerry Lewis. It is interesting to see how highly valued he is by comedians such as Seinfeld, Billy Crystal, Chevy Chase and so on, as well as film directors like Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese and others. I've always liked Lewis well enough (though I am aware that there are those who can't stand him), but this film documentary leaves me with the definite impression that I have generally underappreciated his multitudinous talents. Hey, now there's an idea for quarantine entertainment: Watch old Jerry Lewis movies!

No comments: