Visits

Friday, March 27, 2020

Impending Move

Soon I will be moving out of my little place into another little place--albeit not as soon as initially planned due to problems with the builders, the delay due to the Nyepi holiday, and now the delay due to the coronavirus measures.

When I came here to Kampung Kumpul last year at about this time, I didn't like it at first. I was used to living in a house, for one thing. And I was also very sick last year at this time (and remained so for months). Not surprising that one wouldn't like anything, including his living quarters. Having felt relatively well, however, since August or so, I've come to like the place and the people who live here (for the most part). I've settled in, as I always do anywhere, and I suppose I will settle in to the new place as well. Nonetheless, I was appreciating this secluded little neighborhood during the Nyepi day silence--the unpaved rocky road, the fields all along the verge, the little family of cows living in the field, the silence, not only on Nyepi but throughout the year, in this out of the way little cul-de-sac. The new neighborhood, once the dwellings are finished, will be much more densely populated. Moreover, my new place is not within an enclosed setting, as is Villa Kampung Kumpul. But on the other hand, it is a little bigger, it is brand new, and everything (one expects) will function properly. And it is less expensive (given that the owner is my dear ex-wife).




No comments: