Visits

Friday, March 27, 2020

Hunting and Gathering

Out of the house today, but I find that Starbucks will not open till 11 am (it's 10 now). But they got the wifi powered up, so here I am. The main thing is that I really need to get something to eat, so I'm hoping that the grocery in the mall will be open. I note that there is a fairly normal amount of traffic on the streets, and I reckon that it will only be the western-name businesses that are closed or delayed--establishments such as Starbucks.

I tried to watch a fairly entertaining movie last night, called The Banker, about two black entrepreneurs back in the 60s who must use a white front man in order to do real estate investing in Mississippi. Sadly, I could not see the final portion of the movie because the internet pauses were just too long, frequent, and annoying--which itself, of course, is because everyone is at home using the wifi due to coronavirus restrictions.

Yeah, maybe I can finish it today.

But the main thing is that I'm starving. Left in the apartment at this moment are a few eggs, a couple slices of bread and a little bit of instant oatmeal. Got to get my hands on something. The dog is looking sideways at me and keeping his distance.

I wrote in Facebook this morning how ironic it is to see all the vids and blurbs trying to turn coronavirus into some kind of catalyst for the adoption of plain old Christian values. 'Let's love one another, folks. Let's care for our neighbors. Let's come out on the other side with a new community.' Well, hallelujah. Praise God. Or should I say COVID-19. Oh well, whatever it takes.
 

No comments: