Visits

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Various Complaints

Various functions are not functioning well in the last few days--which means that my general status is normal, only worse.

My brain, for instance. Every Saturday, the maid comes to my place to clean, and I regularly leave before she gets there and simply leave the door unlocked so that she can enter. Well, this morning I had arrived at Starbucks, gotten my coffee, began to sip when I received a message on my phone.

Om pintu kamarnya dikunci … saya gat bisa masuk.

Well, of course she can't get in, because I had locked the door, not remembering it was Saturday, not remembering she was coming, even though I had left the house early expressly because she was coming.

It's not the first time this has almost happened. No, I have in the past caught myself in the act of inappropriately locking the door, and I have also found myself a couple blocks away and then remembering to go back and unlock the door. But this is the first time I had gotten all the way to Starbucks and had to be called back to the house.

So that means a trip back home to open the door, and a return to Starbucks, and a second payment of the parking fee. Cognitive dysfunction is not only annoying. It can be costly as well.

Additionally, the pain in my shoulder and neck has re-arisen over the last few days, such that it has become quite uncomfortable indeed and actually kept me awake last night. I took a methylprednisolone this morning and will see if that helps (although it's pretty sure not to help my stomach and its daily troubles with acid reflux).

Moreover, the volcanic inner burning sensation that I have on a daily basis has gotten much worse and, for some reason, rather resistant to the medication that had been helpful up to this point. I'm taking two capsules a day rather than the usual one. I was certain yesterday evening that I must have a fever. I had gone to Sanur for just a bit of grocery shopping and found myself feeling on the verge of exploding. Took my temperature when I got home and found it to be perfectly normal.

Should I feel relieved by this or more concerned? Hmm, good question. I suppose that in these days of rampant coronavirus, relief would be appropriate. Still …

No comments: