Visits

Monday, April 23, 2018

Conversation

A few days ago, I received a friend request on Facebook Messenger. Of course, I always check first to make sure I either know the person or the person is a 'friend of a friend'. In this case, I saw that she was friends with my old friend Imas, so I went ahead and accepted her request. Not long afterwards, I received a 'wave' from her, acknowledging my acceptance.

So far, so good--the normal pattern.

An hour or two later, however, I received another message.

"Hi."

"Hello," I responded. "Senang ketemu (glad to meet you)."

"Thank you."

So much for that. A few hours later, however, she wrote again.

"How are you?"

I said I was fine and had just returned from the beach, where I had found the weather too hot.

Her response?

"Ok."

Hmm. If this woman means to initiate a conversation, she's not going about it very well, I'm thinking. And if she's not, well then why does she keep contacting me?

And so I answered in a manner that might lead to a little bit more in the way of a meaningful exchange.

"And how are you? I see that you are a friend of Imas."

"Yes."

"Good. She's a nice girl."

"Ok."

Ok? That's it? I mean, I'm getting the feeling from her one word replies that I'm bothering her, but it was she who contacted me in the first place. Several times. Lol.

Weird.

That's it, until the next day in the afternoon, when I receive another message from the woman. The message?

"Hi."

At this rate, I reckon, I'll not live long enough to see where this conversation goes.  

No comments: