Visits

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Prozac

Well here's a strange thing--while I am growing fatter, I am at the same time having to tighten my belt to the final hole to keep my pants from drooping. How can it be? Perhaps what is needed is the invention of a whole new type of clothing for a whole new type of figure. 

But oh well. I give up. Exercising, even walking any significant distance, causes an unacceptable amount of pain and a worsening of the baseline problems. Accordingly, one gains weight without eating all that much. In fact, I eat very little these days. A bowl of cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for dinner. 

At the same time, I have found that the addition of Prozac (called Kalxetin here) once a day may be helpful in mitigating the intensity of the pain. I would rather have Paroxetine, but it seems they don't have it in Indonesia. In any case, research indicates that the older SSRIs may be effective in the treatment of neuropathic pain. 


No comments: