Visits

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Windows Saga

In the continuing saga of of the disaster otherwise known as “Windows 10”, the treacherous update has now sneaked up behind me and succeeded in downloading itself in the background to a point where it cannot be stopped. This is despite all the measures I have taken to suppress the update from starting at all. If there’s one thing that Windows 10 is really good at, it is in downloading itself. So I’ve left the laptop snapping and growling on the table at home this morning in favor of pecking and poking away on the old iPad at Starbucks, an activity which seems to have been designed, among other things, to exacerbate arm and shoulder pain.

I mentioned to my ‘computer guy’ yesterday that Windows was insisting on trying to start the update, and he said, “Well, maybe you should let it.”

“But it will crash the laptop again!”

“Maybe. Maybe not.”

I guess it’s a roll of the dice. A game of chance. Microsoft always was best at games. 

No comments: