Visits

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Lazy

I should be packing things right now for my move tomorrow, but I'm having trouble just getting off my ass. So much repetitive American news to watch on YouTube. So many other things to do, like eat brownies.

But luckily year after year my possessions decrease, such that there's not a whole hell of lot to pack anyway. Nor are there any very large items. In fact, in the large, too-heavy-for-me-to-lift category, there is only one cupboard of shelves and one refrigerator. That's it. All my clothes will go into one suitcase. Everything in drawers and cupboards here will fit nicely into two boxes.

And then there is the dog, who, to be honest, will not fit into a box and is not going to be the easiest thing to move. He has never ridden on a motorbike, so I'm not about the try that, and I have no car at my disposal. The only thing I can figure is to walk back after the move is completed, round up the dog, and return with him on foot to the new place. I do worry about him panicking when the house is cleared out and I leave, so I have asked people here to kind of watch over him. I am actually not up to walking that far, but I just can't think of any other way for him to get there. And of course there is also the pack of vicious dogs on the street halfway to my place. Oh dear.

Well,  it will all happen tomorrow, one way or another.

No comments: