Visits

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The Bright Side

Gosh I miss the dog.

I have a bag of food for him that he had not finished, as well as some treats, a leash, a bottle of shampoo, and his bowl. I called Sia and asked her whether she could pick these things up because I think it would be upsetting and confusing for Takut to see me and have to wonder all over again where he's supposed to be or who with.

One gets so accustomed to a dog's routine that it becomes part of one's own routine. Things seem out of sync when the other part of the routine is removed. And you know, Labradors are such affectionate dogs. Takut had become more and more so the longer he felt comfortable around people, and it had become common for him, especially in the evening, to just sit by me and want to be petted and to offer affection in return. I miss the love.

Well, at least there is one positive point, and that is that I can now go out for a walk without the dog following me, for, to tell the truth, he had made taking a walk pretty much impossible, mostly because he does not do well with the streets here, there are no sidewalks, and there are many loose, territorial dogs. So it has happened that I was able to walk to the nearby Circle K store this morning, which involves crossing a major street. Takut never would have made it alive, I think.  

The bright side.
 

No comments: