Visits

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Living in Style


 I must say, I'm finding my new place cozy as heck. Not that there haven't been a few problems to iron out, the most serious so far being that the hot water suddenly disappeared last night, no idea why. I guess either the hot water unit itself is dysfunctional or the electrical supply to the heater is dead. I've called the project manager and hopefully she will be able to restore it soon.

A bit strange that this seems a big deal to me now, given that I lived here in Bali for some seven years with no hot water at all in my living space. But after two years of having hot water, I can tell you that a cold shower seems unbearable.

Other than that, I can say that I'm finding the place supremely comfortable--good air conditioning, pleasant setting, well lit, clean and tight, no bugs, no cockroaches, no ants inside the house, quiet and peaceful at night.

Of course, it is not quiet during the day because houses are being built along the entire length of this street. At this point in time, mine is the only structure that has been completed and many of the others are just starting from the ground up. Nor can I say that the area outside the house is particularly pleasing, especially for Bali. There is really nothing picturesque about it. In fact, we are just off one of the main streets in Sanur and the most dominating part of the view from our facing is the Pertamina gas station on that street. Welcome to the stunning beauty of Bali!  


 

No comments: